One of the casualties of Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) this morning was that Launchbar could no longer access my contact information. At first I thought I was fat-fingering things but after a few tries, it became apparent that it wasn't just my lack of typing skills.
To restore Address Book access, the fix was easy. Follow these steps.
- Hit your hotkey to bring up Launchbar.
- Click the gear for preferences and select Index > Show Index
- Select "Contacts" from the Index list on the left
- Select the "Options" pane in the Address Book area on the right.
- I had a blank dropdown here, so I selected "Mac OS X Address Book"
- Problem solved.
I hope this helps anyone else who runs into this little twist. Maybe I was the only lucky one…