I got some feedback the other day asking for a bit more clarification on how I do data entry using Keyboard Maestro. It’s pretty straightforward, but I’ve found some quirks and the methods outlined below are workaround them and seem to work pretty well.
One problem I’ve found with Keyboard Maestro is that, when using the “Insert Text” command is that it sometimes tries before the focus is on the field, or the text sometimes gets inserted out of order.
I am not sure if it is due to the speed of the MacBook Air, something weird happening with the interface I am trying to manipulate or something more esoteric, but I’ve starting using a brute force method of getting the characters in there. It’s not pretty but it works.
Here’s the relevant part of my image re-sizing macro.
As you can see, I’m forcing one character in at a time, with a 1.5 second pause in between. Using this method works pretty well although, if I was trying to insert a chunk of text, I’d probably use the clipboard functions.